The HYDRO POWER WORKSHOP 2022 at the University of Stuttgart will take place for the first time this year as a joint event of the Institute of Fluid Mechanics and Hydraulic Machinery (IHS) and the Materials Testing Institute (MPA). The workshop covers four main blocks and thus covers fundamental aspects of condition monitoring and evaluation of plant components as well as quality assurance when purchasing new equipment. Further, focus lies on numerical simulations including FE or CFD calculations on hydroelectric power plants and the transient behavior of hydraulic systems. Guided tours to the test facilities at IHS and MPA complete the seminar.
- Condition Monitoring, Software Tools, Maintenance, Non-Destructive-Evaluation
- Quality Assurance, Material Properties, Inherent Safety
- Numerical Simulations of (Hydraulic) Components, CFD/FE, Fluid-Structure-Interaction, Fatigue and Fracture Mechanics
- Transient Behavior, Hydraulic Systems
- Guided Tour to Test Stands at IHS and MPA
The workshop "Hydropower" in the workshop-series is the only one that takes place on-site and online. When the Covid19 situation so requires the workshop will be held online only. In this case we will inform you in a timely manner.